The Teeter Hang Ups Ep-960 is an inversion table created by Roger Teeter. The EP-960 is an FDA-cleared Class 1 medical device. It decompresses the spine and stretches the supporting muscles to ease Sciatica, back pain and tension. It is also effective on conditions such as Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease and Herniated Discs.
It helps correct spinal curvature due to tight muscles besides muscle spasm and Facet Syndrome. However, we recommend you use these under a physician’s advice. The Teeter EP-960 inversion table comes with an Underwriter Laboratories Certification.
It outperformed the competition in comparison tests for rotation control, endurance and ease of assembly. The Teeter EP-960 is made of a high-grade material for durability. It has patented features such as the cam locks, auto-locking hinges and unique pivot bearings made of heat-treated steel that ensures durability and reliability. The Teeter Hang Ups Ep-960 is perfect for those with an acute back problem. As it has a ratcheting, handle that needs you to reach out only to your knees to fasten your feet into the ankle grip.
The Teeter EP-960 has patented wrap-around ankle cups, the acupressure nodes & lumbar bridge. Besides the extra-long Stretch Max handles with handgrips for better traction and oscillation. The table also tested for precision balanced and pre-set rotation and allows for a secure lock-out in full inversion.
|Maximum user weight||300 lbs.|
|User height||from 5’1″ to 6’6″|
|Shipping dimensions||49″ x 29.6″ x 8.1″|
|Shipping Weight||75 Lbs.|
The EP-960 is designed to offer more stretch and relief at greater comfort. The features that make is easy to use are:
- EZ-Reach Ankle System that features a triple-lock security and extended handle within easy reach at knee level.
- Ergo-Embrace Supports clamp down and locks the ankles in place. They distribute the body weight evenly around the feet.
- Ankle Comfort Dial is an adjustable foot platform that allows adjusting the height for smaller or larger feet; ensuring a comfortable fit.
- Stretch Max Handles with an extra-long grip that helps vary the stretching options.
- Traction Handles allow decompression at smaller angles. Besides, you can even push and release handles for a rhythmic oscillation.
- Grip-and-Stretch Handholds built into the ComforTrak Bed and Frame. These help the other decompression and stretching options on the table.
- Comfortrak Bed is a contoured bed that flexes for comfort. It has a smooth surface that allows the body to slide for an optimize stretch for greater relief.
- Acupressure Nodes & Lumbar Bridge fit into the notches in the bed. These offer a trigger-point release and support the lower back for further decompression. (Sold separately)
The EP-960 comes with a 5-year full manufacturer’s warranty and a User Guide cum DVD.
Shipping and Assembly
The EP-960 has 5 steps and 13 minutes assembly. It arrives pre-assembled all you should do is click together the main parts with the handles and you are set! This table comes with an Owner’s manual and a DVD with 5 bonus back routines. The TeeterLink App enhances the user experience with interactive 3D assembly instructions. It is a user-tracking program that monitors pain levels, sets reminders, etc.
What I Like in Teeter Hang Ups Ep-960
The EP-960 offers precision balancing all you must do is set it to your height, lock your ankles – recline and relax. Your arm movements shift your body weight giving you control over the rotation with minimal effort.
There are pre-set rotation options called the EZ-Angle Tether feature with preset markings at 20, 40, and 60 degrees. These offer rotational control and easy adjustability. The secure lockout in full inversion offers other advanced exercise and stretching options.
The acupressure nodes are placed on the ComforTrak bed such that they not only compress at the acupressure points on the back. But also offer grip and traction while swinging through the inversion angles. The ratchet handle and ankle grip are excellent for older users who have difficulty reaching their ankles.
What Isn’t So Great
With FDA approval and orthopedic design, there is nothing to complain about the EP-960. Only advice is – consult with a physician before using it. Especially if you suffer from a heart condition or are pregnant.
With so many physiotherapy features and FDA certification, the Teeter Hang Ups Ep-960 is an excellent deal for this price. Besides the table folds for storage; no disassembly required! Its storage dimensions are 20″ x 28.8″ x 66″. The table is easy to clean. In addition, built to last you a lifetime with its heat hardened steel and well engineered features that take the wear and tear well.
Product images sourced from Amazon.com.